Medical Education Unit - Thanjavur Medical College
The Medical Education Unit of Thanjavur Medical College has been established in the year 2004 as per the directions of Medical Council of India for the Nodal centres to be upgraded as Departments. The MEU of Thanjavur Medical College was under the supervision of JIPMER, Puducherry till 26.08.2020. From 27.08.2020 to till date, the MEU has been reallocated to Nodal Centre, SriRamachandra Medical College & Research Centre, Porur, Chennai (Ref:No: MCI-Academics/2020/)
Constitution of MEU - Past (2004 - 2019)
- First Committee - Constituted at 2004 under Chairmanship of Dr. T.B. Umadevi M.D (Dean, Thanjavur Medical College) with Coordinator as Dr. T. Sivakami M.S., Professor of Anatomy, Thanjavur Medical College.
- Second Committee - Constituted on 26.11.2013 under chairmanship of Dr. K. Mahadevan M.S (Dean, Thanjavur Medical College with Coordinator as Dr. T. Sivakami M.S, Professor of Anatomy, Thanjavur Medical College (Ref.No: C.C.No: 002/ME1/2013 dated 26.11.2013)
- Third Committee - Constituted on December 2015 under Chairmandhip of Dr. K. Pichai Balashanmugam M.S., Mch(Uro) (Dean, Thanjavur Medical College) with Coordinator as Dr. T. Sivakami M.S., Professor of Anatomy, Thanjavur Medical College.
- Fourth Committee - Constituted on October 2017 under Chairmanship of Dr. S. Jeyakumar M.S., M.Ch (Dean, Thanjavur Medical College) with Coordinator as Dr. M. Elangovan M.S., Professor of General Surgery, Thanjavur Medical College
- Fifth Committee - Constituted on 14.3.2019 under Chairmanship of Dr. Kumudha Lingaraj M.D (Dean, Thanjavur Medical College) with Coordinator as Dr. G. Ravikumar M.S., M.Ch, Professor of Plastic Surgery, Thanjavur Medical College
Present Committee (From 25.08.2020)
The present sixth committee of MEU has been constituted on 25.08.2020 under Chairmanship of Dr. S. Maruthuthurai M.S., MCh(Vascular) (Dean, Thanjavur Medical College with Coordinator as Dr. S. Kumaravel D.Ortho., M.S., D.N.B., PhD., Professor of Orthopedics, Thanjavur Medical College and Dr. B. Jayapriya M.D., Associate Professor of Pharmacology, Thanjavur Medical College.
Scope of MEU:
Present members of MEU:
- be responsible for all educational processes at Thanjavur Medical College .
- provide oversight on the educational activities of the medical college (UG &PG) .
- Ensure continuous quality improvement in Medical education plan, implement and evaluate curricular development and faculty development in the medical college in alignment with the Medical Council of India initiatives.
- Ensure curriculum development through the curriculum committee.
- Ensure Faculty development by conducting Faculty development programs and workshops through the Faculty development committee.
- Facilitate educational research through projects, research publication and Ph.d course.
- Keep the medical college updated of the current trends in Medical education by conducting journal clubs, workshops and conferences.
||Position of members
||Dean (Ex Officio)
||Thanjavur Medical College
||Vice Principal (Ex Officio)
|| Thanjavur Medical College
||Dr.S.Kumaravel D.Ortho.,M.S.,DNB PhD.,
||Professor of Orthopedics
||Dr. B. Jayapriya M.D.,
||Associate Professor of Pharmacology
||Dr. G. Ravikumar M.S., M.Ch.,
||Professor of Plastic Surgery
||Dr. T. Sivakami M.S.,
||Professor of Anatomy
||Dr. R. Vinodha M.D
||Professor of Physiology
||Dr. K. G. Padmanaban M.D.,
||Associate Professor of Pathology
||Dr. Swarna Jacob M.D.,
||Associate Professor of Microbiology
||Dr. Sudha S M.D.,
||Associate Professor of Physiology
||Dr. Premalatha Sharon M.S.,
||Professor of General Surgery
||Dr. Jeyarani M.D.,
||Associate Prof of anesthesiology
LIST OF ACTIVITY BY MEU IN 2020:
1. Online Faculty development program on "Curriculum-based Medical Education"
The FDP on CBME was conducted on 09.09.2020 and 10.09.2020.
It was rganized by Dr. Kumaravel (Professor and Head of Orthopedics) and Dr. B. Jayapriya MD., (Associate Professor of Pharmacology) under the chairmanship of Dr. S. Maruthuthurai M.S., MCh., Dean (FAC) of Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur. A total of 75 faculty from various departments of Thanjavur Medical College has participated in this online session. Six topics have been covered in this Online session.
2. Curriculum implementation support program (CISP) for Phase II faculty
The CISP - Phase II program was conducted on 19.11.2020 and 20.11.2020. It was organized by Dr. Kumaravel (Professor and Head of Orthopedics) and Dr. B. Jayapriya MD., (Associate Professor of Pharmacology) under the chairmanship of Dr. S. Maruthuthurai M.S., MCh., Dean (FAC) of Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur. A total of 30 faculty from various departments of Thanjavur Medical College have been oriented in this online session. The program was conducted under the supervision of the Nodal center of our MEU - SRMC, Chennai.
***End of Page***