NATIONAL CADETS CORPS – THANJAVUR MEDICAL COLLEGE|
- Cadet Strength: 34 CADETS, 34 (TN) INDEP COY NCC, THANJAVUR
- Date of starting NCC: August 2019
- Inaugurated by: Former Dean – Dr. Kumudha Lingaraj M.D., D.A.,
- Coordinator and caretaker of NCC students: Dr. S. Gopinath M.S., Assistant Professor of General Surgery, Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur – Contact: 9487488961.
The students of Thanjavur Medical College are part of India's largest youth volunteering organization. The rebirth of NCC in this prestigious institution was in August 2019. The journey started with 17 CADETS and caretaker Dr. Gopinath (Assistant Professor of General Surgery) and currently with a strength of 34 CADETS, 34 (TN) INDEP COY NCC, THANJAVUR. The students are trained in various disciplines. The cadets though not involved in combat they are trained to excel both physically and mentally by different levels of camps.
MOTTO OF NCC:
NATIONAL CADETS CORPS have been training the CADETS with the motto of UNITY AND DISCIPLINE. Making sure every individual cadet is mould to be a responsible citizen of this nation. The core value of national integrity, respect for fellow Indians is deeply rooted in every cadet.
AIMS OF NCC:
The NCC aims to develop discipline, character, and brotherhood, the spirit of adventure, and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Not only these, but it also aims to enlighten leadership qualities among the youth who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose.
LIFE OF CADETS:
Here at Thanjavur medical college parades are organized on Republic day, Independence Day, and other days of national importance.
Drill, weapon training, obstacle training, social and communication skill, personality development, leadership Training, trekking are a few among the vast training provided to the cadets by various camps organized at the national level. Cadets are also given a chance to train along with the army to give them the basic and the best experience of the Indian army.
Cadets are provided with B - certificate and C - certificate at the end of 3 years of training.
CONTRIBUTION OF THANJAVUR MEDICAL COLLEGE:
- The importance of public and self-hygiene was made aware among the patients and public at our institution hospital
- Was part of national cleanliness drive the was organized on behalf of NCC
- The volunteering cadets of our institution were part of traffic regulation working under the Police Department during the Covid-19 pandemic
Join NCC now!, Serve Our Hospital and Country!
(The students of Thanjavur Medical College can contact Dr. S. Gopinath, Assistant Professor of General Surgery to Join in NCC)
**End of Page**